Thursday, October 30, 2008

And the new season begins...

Softball is winding down and talk of next year is already starting. I finally quit my old team like a bad habit. There were some good memories there. I learned a lot from those guys and I'll never forget them. Now I have to decide what to do about next year, who am I going to play for?

There are already 4 teams asking me to play - 3 E teams and 1 D team (D being a higher division level, more competitive).

One of the E teams is already out of the picture, they are just a bunch of old guys that probably won't go anywhere. They'll win some games but I just don't really fit in and they'll be quittin the game in a couple of years due to their age.

The D team could be fun but I'm not sure I'm ready to be playing competitive D ball. Sure, I can hold down the outfield, I may not have the arm but I can track and catch with some of the best in KC. It's the hitting that I'm just not comfortable with at that level.

As for the two E teams...one team I have tons of fun with 99% of the guys on the team, but the one running the team is annoying as hell. If he wasn't there I'd play with them in a heartbeat.

The last team, is a solid team and were making a solid run at World's this year, until it got rained out. I'm just not sure how will I mesh with these guys because I have only played with 3 or 4 of their guys. It's going to be a tough decision and I'll have to make one sooner or later.


As for league ball next year, I've decided I'm done with the KCBT league. I want to grab some of those guys, because I enjoy playing with them, and get a league team together out at Frank White or something.

No comments: